Most Fridays I feature a website, blog, book, or video that for me has become a favorite. It may be a favorite resource, a source of inspiration, or just something I found interesting. Please feel free to comment and I hope you might share a favorite or two of your own in the comment section. Who knows, maybe I will feature something you shared as a future Friday Favorite.
Sometimes when I get overwhelmed, which happens more times than you might imagine, my remedy to regain perspective and balance requires only a blank sheet of paper and pen. I take a few minutes to clear my mind of all the clutter that clouds my judgement and clouds the peace it robs me of and I make a list of what I’m thankful for…all things for which I should be grateful.
Today’s Gratitude List
What Tom’s Thankful For
- Shari who is the love of my life…my one, my only, who God blessed me with to make my dreams come true
- my Parents, their influence on my life, and the fact I’m blessed to still have them in my life
- my Brother & Sister whose unconditional love has always been present in my life regardless of the choices I’ve made
- my stepsons Michael and Matthew who have completed a part of my life which I thought would remain empty
- my Sisters & Brothers in Law whose friendship and love I treasure plus they are just plain fun people to have in my life
- Shari’s parents who I can’t call in-laws because they are parents to me, both of whom mean so much to me both in support and love
- my Nieces and Nephews whose lives I’m privileged to be able to invest in as I watch them mature
- my friends, most of whom I’ve shared life with for many decades
- my churches, which normally is singular for most folks, but thanks to North Point Ministries’ is plural. All three of its campuses, Buckhead Church, North Point Church, and Browns Bridge Church has played a role in my spritual growth and their influence is shared here on Leveraging Life with the hope that it may help guide people toward a Growing Relationship With Jesus Christ
- my family at Troncalli Automotive who have picked up the slack my cancer journey has created and has done a great job month after month
- my medical team who has been patient with the patient as I’ve processed my diagnosis, asked a ton of questions, all the while providing care, direction, and compassion
- my Heavenly Father who loves me despite the times doubt consumes me
- my Savior who showered me with Grace I was not worthy of
- And the Holy Spirit who leads me when trust God period slips from my vocabulary
What you could do right now to help me put this week behind me is share what you’re grateful for in your life! The list doesn’t have to be as long, unless you want it to, maybe just one or two things but you can use the comment field at the bottom of the post.
A Psalm for Thanksgiving.
Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before Him with joyful singing.
Know that the LORD Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His loving kindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100: 1-5
trusting God period!
Thank you for visiting Leveraging Life and you’ll notice the Sharing Is Caring buttons at the bottom of the post which makes it easy to share this post on Facebook, Twitter, or as an email.
You also can you can receive Leveraging Life updates in an email every time I update and all you have to do is click here to subscribe to Leveraging Life. (It’s free)