Most Fridays I feature a website, blog, book, or video that for me has become a favorite. It may be a favorite resource, a source of inspiration, or just something I found interesting. Please feel free to comment, and I hope you might share a favorite or two of your own in the comment section. Who knows, maybe I will feature something you shared as a future Friday Favorite.
Earlier this week I posted Are You Present, where I shared some thoughts on how technology leads us to believe we are more connected, but if left unchecked it could come at the expense of the relationships that should matter the most to us.
Take smartphones where would place yourself in this study done by Leslie Perlow, PhD, the Konosuke Matsushita professor of leadership at the Harvard Business School? She studied 1600 managers and professionals and found:
- 70% said they check their smartphone within an hour of getting up.
- 56% check their phone within an hour of going to sleep.
- 48% check over the weekend, including on Friday and Saturday nights.
- 51% check continuously during vacation.
- 44% said they would experience “a great deal of anxiety” if they lost their phone and couldn’t replace it for a week.
Check out this hilarious video I found which portrays how technology, if left unchecked, could spin our lives out of control and impact the relationships that should matter most.
trusting God period!
Did you know Leveraging Life can be delivered directly to your email each time there is a new post? All you have to do is click here to subscribe to Leveraging Life. (It’s free and it’s easy)